Get the guitar wiring tools necessary to install a new SOUL in your beloved electric guitar!
From experience, I would recommend to all that they start with a clean work area. Think twice befor heading out to your garage or workbench. Chances are that you may have left over wood chips or other stuff left on the counter.
Get a couple of old handtowels and place your guitar on top of your kitchen table. Be sure you have good light available, and that the site is clean. Set up a plastic container for the screws you remove, or take a piece of paper and draw a sketch of your guitar. as you remove the screws, tape the screws onto the paper so you remember exactly where each one will return.
Here’s a preliminary list of tools you will need in order to ensure a clean, precise installation.
- iFixit toolset – This toolkit will help in so many ways. Phillips and flat heads, torx, and allen and tweezers.
- Weller 40-watt Soldering Iron – Variable between 5-40 watts, this iron-tipped soldering iron will make short work of your wiring project.
- 22 gauge Vintage pushback wire – Always good to have this on hand in the case if a run gets cut too short.
- Needle-nosed Pliers with wire cutter –
- Desoldering Braid – If you make mistakes or ‘a friend’ made mistakes in their soldering, place the braid on the solder, heat, and watch it wick away.
- Socket Set – For removing the nuts from the control knobs, at least.
- 3rd hand project holder – This is a time saver, it keeps wires in place while you solder so you can be sure of a great connection.
Guitar wiring kits:
For Strats, choose from these incredible kits:
- Deluxe Wiring kit for Fender Stratocaster – Perfect for replacing your scratchy pots, switch, and renewing spark in your guitar!
- Custom Shop Fender Stratocaster Wiring Harness – Pre-soldered and ready to go!
For Teles, take your pick and install with confidence:
- Deluxe Wiring kit for Fender Telecaster – Restore the stability and sweep of your controls.
- Pre-Loaded Fender Telecaster Control Plate with CTS pots and CRL switch – Simply unscrew your old control plate, solder it up, and solder it up!
For Les Pauls, enjoy these great options:
- “The Best” Wiring Kit for Gibson Les Paul (Long Shaft) – A complete overhaul of your tone, for Les Pauls with Long Shafts.
- “The Best” Wiring Kit for Gibson Les Paul (Short Shaft) – The Short Shaft version of the above.
- Premium Les Paul Wiring Harness – Pre-soldered, this is a simple way to shock your tone!